Cold and Dark startup Aerosoft Twin Otter - MS FSX
This guide will go through basic checklist necessary to get your plane from the cold & dark state to a flying state.
It uses screen shots showing what to press, how to press it and where to find it.
You can of course use the checklist designed by Aerosoft which is very very good and very very complex or you can use the simplified version presented here.
Obs: if one image is unclear you can always right click and view the image in full resolution or save it.
So here we go:
0. Open the default check list (shift + 2), go to the last tab and set your plane to Cold & Dark cockpit.
1. Control Lock - OFF
2. Parking break - ON
3. No smoking sign - ON
4. Fasten Belt - ON
5. Anti Collision light - ON
6. Generators - ON
7a. DC Master - ON
7b. Batery - ON
7c. Properller level - FULL
8a. Fuel - set to NORMAL
8b. Fire extinguish - IN
9. Fire detection - TEST (you should hear the fire alarm)
10. Boost pump - TEST
11. Fuel selector - BOTH ON FORWARD (right position)
12. Check the warning lights
13. Fuel selector - Both on Aft (left position)
14. Check the warning lights
15. Fuel Selector - Normal
16. Engine start - Boost Pumps - ON
17. Starter - right position (right engine - use right click to select it)
18. Wait a few seconds before next step (if you do it right away engine will catch fire)
19. Right fuel lever - move to full (wait for engine start)
20. Started - left position (left engine - use left click to select it)
20a. Wait a few seconds before next step (if you do it right away engine will catch fire)
21. Left fuel lever - move to full (wait for engine start)
22. Trim - set to take off
23. Flaps - 10 degrees
24. Turn ON all radios and GPS
26. Auto Feather - ON
27. Landing lights - ON
28. Strobe lights - ON
All set, you are ready for take off!