Cold and Dark startup Sibwings AN 2 - MS FSX
This guide will go through basic checklist necessary to get your plane from the cold & dark state to a flying state.
It uses screen shots showing what to press, how to press it and where to find it.
So here we go:
1. Battery, avionics - all ON
2. Lights - all On
3. Oil cooler - ON
4. Anti fire system - ON
5. Cockpit lights - ON
6. Fuel selector valve - Both (all)
7. Mixture control - backward (use mouse scroll button to move it)
8. Propeller control - forward
9. Carburator heat - OFF
10. Fuel master valve - Open (forward)
11. Primer pump to cylinders - 6 injections (click on it 6 times)
12. Engine start up - this is a little bit trickier. You might want to press right click on the image and View full size.
13. Starter switch - ON (up position)
14. Magneto switch - Both (1 + 2)
15. Inertial clutch switch - left position (left click - left position / right click - middle position or right position. You can use mouse scroll wheel too)
16a. With the fuel transfer pump - pump fuel until fuel pressure is arond 5 (watch left side of the gauge)
16b. Use the fuel pump - set fuel pump to ON
17. When the fuel pressure is around 5 AND the ampervoltmeter is showing a value around 8 move the Inertial Clutch Switch to right position (right click) to interconnect the engine shaft.
This procedure does not work ususaly at first try so do not get surprised if you have to do it more times to get the eninge running.
18. Starter switch - OFF
19. Flaps - ON
20. Trim - ON
21. Radios - ON
22. Oil Shutter - OPEN
23. Cowl flaps - OPEN
24. Check if the cowl flaps are opened, set flaps and you are ready for take off.
And now you should be ready to fly :)